The physical infrastructure of the campus is based on a co-location model, whereby the University and the Southern Sydney Institute of TAFE share the same campus. The two entities operate separately however share common facilities.
Facilities available to Southern Sydney students and staff include:
- Library - in addition to the print and electronic resource available in the library, computers are available for library research. Photocopying facilities are also available.
- Computer laboratories - there are computers available for student use. Extended access is available if you wish to use the computers or simply find a quiet place to study.
- Canteen - takeaway food, drinks, coffee and tea can be purchased from the canteen located in the TAFE grounds.
Counselling Services - a qualified counsellor visits UOW Southern Sydney every fortnight. The counsellor is available for student consultations regarding appeals, special consideration, personal and other problems. Phone 4221 3445 for appointments.
Learning Development - learning assistance is available for students in various areas relevant to degree studies. Workshops include:
- Time Management
- Reading and Note Making
- Essay Writing
- Structuring Arguments and Critical Thinking
- Exam Preparation and Techniques
Individual consultations are also available.
UOW Careers Central - UOW Careers Central offers advice and guidance to students regarding their future employment options and study strategies.